Information about computers in MDD 438 and
(and elsewhere within the Mathematics Department)
- Contact me (Ralph Baker Kearfott)
or my assistant if you have questions concerning access to machines in
MDD 438 or MDD 401, including user accounts.
- Contact me or my assistant
with questions about using Matlab, Mathematica, use of LaTeX, or use of
- Please take care of the printer in MDD 401; treat it as you would
treat your own, and leave it in the state in which you found it. Contact me if there are persistent
problems or if you observe abuse. Click
here for a PDF copy of the user guide for the printer in MDD 438.
- Contact me if any machine
appears to be broken or otherwise unusable.
- Contact me if you have any
questions or issues concerning the Ubuntu operating system.
- We (within the Mathematics Department) can handle certain software
installations, etc. within the WIN domain. However, issues with
WebAid, Java, Microsoft Word, and other WIN-domain software used across
the university are generally handled within UCSS. You may contact
me to schedule a visit from UCSS, or you may contact the